Sunday, November 29, 2009

Brad At The Movies!

Hi everybody!
Sorry to have been away, I've been beefing up my MySpace page and talking about my POCAHONTAS: SECRET LIFE book over there, while neglecting Wonder Woman Project updates with you.
First, let's go over some movies that I've seen. BRIGHT STAR with Abbie Cornish is a terrific 3 hanky movie, and Cornish is excellent in it. I understand that she is training for an action picture, if so, she'd be a terrific addition the the Wonder Woman trilogy cast! (If she can navigate Keats, she'll have no problem with Barnes!)
BAD LIEUTENANT: PORT OF NEW ORLEANS with Nick Cage is a diverting study in behavior from fellow Long Beach native Cage, but particular props to American Idol alum Katie Chonacas for giving the right jolt of hedonism and craft that this picture desperately needed, as a lot of acting newbies were given parts too big for them to handle.
Much love to THE BLIND SPOT with Sandra Bullock, an unabashedly uplifting biopic in which blond Bullock kicks every quip and quarry through the goalpost without missing a beat. If you want to see a big star in a part that fits them like a second skin, see THE BLIND SPOT! (I'm actually seeing Bullock as Athena in the Wonder Woman Project, right now!)
THE MESSENGER, with Ben Foster, Woody Harrelson and Samantha Morton, starts off strong and fritters away. However, Morton remains one of the great actresses in the English speaking world: more Morton, please! (She'd be a great Etta Candy, actually!)
I'm pulling together photo references and such in preparation for completing my WOODY: THE HERO OF ZIRCON CITY! graphic novel. I've also come across a lot of Wonder Woman poses that I can use in the 3 Year Calendar that I'm planning.
I've made some new friends, reconnected with some old ones, and all the lights seem to be "green" for the foreseeable future, so I've got to take advantage of these opportunities. I've created 4 new adventures for WOODY and was reminded that I've completed the first 45 pages for POCAHONTAS, so I need to finish packaging those and getting them in the mail to be published by someone who will pay me.
That's all for now! Be good!
Brad

No comments: