Monday, November 2, 2009

Christmas is Over, Ho Ho Ho!

Hi Everybody!
I got the Christmas card drawn, ho ho ho! It's benifited from the works of J.C. Leydecker, Andrew Loomis and Windsor McCay, because I am the good thief! If any of you want a Christmas card attachment sent to you, please let me know! :)
Now, I am working on my superhero comic strip called WOODY, which is based on a character I created back in high school. I had shown it to Geoff Boucher of the herocomplex webpage at the L.A. Times several months back and I hope that when I finally finish the first series of comics his offer to post them still stands!
Having studied everything from The Yellow Kid to The Rocketeer, I've decided that the best way to draw WOODY is on a series of 7x10" Bristol paper pages which will probably be shrunk down about 75% to fit on the webpage. I'm looking forward to some Steranko, lots of Good Girl art and the wittiness that has won me legions of blank stares all the world over!
You may be thinking I should be working on the Wonder Woman Project instead of these other things, but I'm just too talented to be tied to just one woman! :)
More good stuff coming soon, be good!
Brad

No comments: